Sunday, October 01, 2006

Reading Survey

I was tagged by a good friend of mine to complete this reading survey that has been making its rounds around several blogs. So, here I go..........

1) A book that changed your life: "Only Love is Real: A Story of Soulmates Reunited" by Brian L. Weiss, MD. This book really makes me believe in soulmates and destiny.

2) A book you've read more than once: I think I read "Tiger Eyes" by Judy Blume about 20 times. For some reason, there was something about it that made me read it over and over again.


3) A book you'd want on a desert island: I guess one of those "how to" books so that I can figure out how to get off that island!!

4) A book that made you giddy: The Gossip Girl books I am reading right now are hysterical!

5) A book you wish had been written: Does Julie Andrews have a biography out there? I would read that if it were available.

6) A book that wracked you with sobs: "A Time For Dancing" by Davida Wills Hurwin. My friend lent me this book and I remember crying a lot! A very emotional book and great story. Definitely a book to read when you are by yourself (not a book to read when you are on vacation with your family and they keep asking why you're crying....)

7) A book you wish had never been written: "My Sweet Audrina" by V.C. Andrews. I remember having a really difficult time reading it and had to start over and over again before I finally managed to get through the entire book.

8) A book you are currently reading: "What to Expect While you're Expecting"- for obvious reasons!!!!

9) A book you've been meaning to read: I really want to tackle "Down Came the Rain" by Brooke Sheilds. It's about postpartum depression. I didn't experience this after my first pregnancy but would like to read up on it in case it does happen after the birth of my second child.

10) Tag: Daisylixxx- you're next!!!!!!

5 comments:

Michelle King said...

I have found out that there is a sequel to "A Time For Dancing". Once I get it, I will lend it to you after I'm done. It's called "The Farther You Run". There is another book that caught my interest when I was looking up stuff by Davida Wills Hurwin. It's called "Before I Go" by Riley Weston (about a girl who figure skates but has a bad accident). I am intrigued...you know what a sucker I am when it comes to figure skating stuff...lol...I don't care that I am in my 30's, sometimes teen books are quite entertaining!

minou11 said...

Tell me about it. Teen books are quite entertaining these days for me. I have been reading these Gossip Girl books one after another. I am on my 6th one in the series! I can lend them to you if you want....

Michelle King said...

Sounds good to me!

Daisylixxx said...

uuhmmmmm hhmmmmm ok, the pressure is really on! Thanks Carebear! see my blog crazy chicks :)

Michelle King said...

BTW, I got the book "The Farther You Run", so once I am done, you can read it :)